- INFORMATION COLLECTION PRACTICES
- Traffic Data. Wake Ballast automatically gathers information of the sort that browsers automatically make available, including: (i) IP addresses; (ii) domain servers; (iii) types of computers accessing the Website; and (iv) types of Web browsers accessing the Website (collectively "Traffic Data"). Traffic Data is anonymous information that does not personally identify You.
- Web Beacons. "Web Beacons" (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or web bugs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users or to access Cookies. Unlike Cookies which are stored on the user’s computer hard drive, Web Beacons are embedded invisibly on web pages (or in e-mail). Web Beacons may be used to deliver or communicate with Cookies, to count users who have visited certain pages and to understand usage patterns. For additional information on Wake Ballast’s uses of Web Beacons, see the section concerning Information Use and Disclosure Practices/Traffic Data and Information Gathered Using Cookies & Web Beacons, below.
- Mobile Device Data. When users download, install and use the Application or access the Website on their mobile phone or other wireless telecommunications device, Wake Ballast automatically gathers information, including without limitation, carrier providers, a unique device identifier, geo-location information (if allowed by the user), the types of mobile devices accessing the Application, and the types of operating systems accessing the Website (collectively, "Mobile Device Data"). A unique device identifier is a string of alphanumeric characters (similar to a serial number) used to uniquely identify and distinguish each mobile phone or other wireless communications device. Location services can be enabled or disabled at any time, through the mobile device settings. Wake Ballast uses Mobile Device Data to understand usage patterns and to improve the Application. For additional information on Wake Ballast’s uses of Mobile Device Data, see the section concerning Information Use and Disclosure Practices/Traffic Data and Information Gathered Using Cookies, Web Beacons, and Mobile Device Data, below.
- Ad Serving and Usage Analytics. Wake Ballast uses third-parties for advertising and usage analytics for the Website and Mobile Application. These third-parties may place Cookies on Your machine, use Web Beacons, gather Personal Information (as defined below), Traffic Data and Mobile Device Data, and log data to collect traffic and activity data in order to deliver relevant metrics, content, and advertising. We do not share your non-public Personal Information with these parties, but we may share anonymized or aggregated information with them to improve the relevancy of the ads you see at the Website or Mobile Application. The collection of this information by third-parties is subject to such third-parties’ privacy policies. For additional information, see the section concerning Third-Party Websites, below. With regards to advertising on the Website, to learn more about behavioral advertising practices or to opt-out of this type of advertising, visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices, http://www.aboutads.info/choices, and http://opt.jumptap.com/optout/opt?jt.
- Personal Information. You may be asked to provide Wake Ballast certain information related to You ("Personal Information"). Personal Information includes, without limitation: (1) "Contact Data" (personally identifiable information about You, such as Your name and email address and (2) "Demographic Data" (personal information about You (but doesn’t specifically identify You), such as Your telephone number and physical address. The Personal Information you provide is used for such purposes as allowing you to set up a user account and profile, providing the Website and related services, monitoring and improving the content and usage of the Website and/or Mobile Application, interacting with the Website and/or ordering products, communicating with you about new products and other news, and any other purpose for which the information was collected. We may also draw upon this Personal Information in order to adapt the Website, Mobile Application, and/or products to your needs, to research the effectiveness of our Website and/or products, and to develop new tools for our members.
You are under no obligation to provide Personal Information, however, not providing this information may prevent You from using certain features of the Website, including the inability to purchase PRODUCTS and check out of the online store.
- INFORMATION USE AND DISCLOSURE PRACTICES
- Traffic Data and Information Gathered Using Cookies, Web Beacons & Mobile Device Data.
Wake Ballast analyzes Traffic Data and information gathered using Cookies, Web Beacons and Mobile Device Data to help Wake Ballast better understand who is using the Website and/or products and how they are using the Website and/or products. By identifying patterns and trends in usage, Wake Ballast is able to better design the Website and products to improve Your experience, and to serve You more relevant and interesting content and advertisements. From time to time, Wake Ballast may release Traffic Data and information gathered using Cookies, Web Beacons and Mobile Device Data in the aggregate, such as by publishing a report on trends in the usage of the Website. In addition, Wake Ballast may share Traffic Data and Mobile Device Data and information gathered using Cookies and Web Beacons with: (1) third-party analytics companies so that such third-parties may help Wake Ballast better understand who is using the Website and/or products and how they are using the Website and/or products; (2) advertisers and marketing partners so that such third-parties may provide You with advertisements tailored to Your interests; and (3) service providers so that we can personalize, provide and improve our Services to Your use and interests.
- Personal Information
- Contact Data. Wake Ballast uses Your Contact Data to send You information about Wake Ballast and Wake Ballast’s products and services, and to contact You when necessary in connection with the Products and Services.
- Demographic Data. Wake Ballast uses Your Demographic Data to customize and tailor Your experience on the Website. As with Traffic Data and Mobile Device Data and information gathered using Cookies and Web Beacons, from time to time Wake Ballast may release or share Demographic Data with third parties in anonymous form and/or in the aggregate, for industry analysis, research, demographic profiling and other similar purposes. In addition, Wake Ballast shares anonymized Demographic Data with its advertisers and marketing partners so that such third-parties may provide You with advertisements tailored to Your interests. To opt-out of sharing your anonymized and Demographic Data with our advertising and marketing partners, visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices, http://www.aboutads.info/choices, and http://opt.jumptap.com/optout/opt?jt.
- Other Disclosure Practices
- Disclosure in Connection with Services. Wake Ballast discloses Personal Information to those who help it provide services, including those who perform technical, administrative and data processing tasks such as hosting, billing, fulfillment, and data storage and security.
- By Law or to Protect Rights. Wake Ballast discloses Personal Information when required to do so by law, or in response to a subpoena or court order, or when Wake Ballast believes in its sole discretion that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Wake Ballast, third-parties or the public at large.
In providing the Services and offering the Products, You may receive periodic email communications from Wake Ballast regarding the Services and Products, such as new product offers and other information regarding the Services and/or Products. You may also receive periodic promotions and other offers or materials Wake Ballast believes might be of interest to You. You can opt-out of receiving these promotional messages at any time by (a) following the unsubscribe instructions contained in each message; or (b) changing the messaging preferences in Your account.
- SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Wake Ballast has implemented and maintains reasonable security procedures and practices designed to protect against the unauthorized access, use, modification, destruction or disclosure of Your Personal Information, however, despite these efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. In the event that Your Personal Information is compromised as a result of a breach of security, Wake Ballast will promptly notify You if Your Personal Information has been compromised as required by applicable law.
- THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES/PRODUCTS
- CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
Wake Ballast does not solicit or knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If Wake Ballast obtains actual knowledge that it has collected personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 13, Wake Ballast will promptly delete such information from its database.
- INTERNATIONAL USERS